If you were born during one of the three date ranges listed in this article, you are a member of the frog clan, according to Native American astrology. In Native American spirituality, power and spirit animals connect to us, available when needed and they offer us their strengths.
Native American Astrology
Within that system, using a twelve-month calendar, birth dates are associated with power animals, seasonal animals, the four directions on the medicine wheel, stones and crystals, trees, colors and animal clans.
There are four clans, including the frog clan, the turtle clan, the butterfly clan and the thunderbird clan. The focus of this article is the frog clan.
Frog Clan Member Birthdates
February 19th-March 20th
June 21st-July 22nd
October 24th-November 21st
What Frog Offers You
(1) It can help you get more in touch with your feelings and be more sensitive to the feelings of others. With frog’s energy, you can deepen your compassionate responses to others and express deeper empathy.
(2) It can also help you come into your own, in the creative sense.
(3) You may find that being around water nurtures you. Lakes, pools, rivers, beaches ~~ even your own shower can provide a nurturing experience if you are open to it. Frog can help cleanse and clear you of negativity.
“Call on the rains to help clear emotional and mental toxins that have accumulated, those that contaminate your heart, mind and body and prevent you from being fully you.”–Steven Farmer, Ph.D, Power Animals: How to Connect with Your Animal Spirit Guide
How to Connect More Deeply
(1) Become aware of anything you need to let go of and connect with frog to do so. Physically, you might you could try hooping around a bit, frog-style (my son, a frog clan member, loves to do this!).
(2) Create a physical cleansing by taking a bath with Epsom salts or choosing to detox from toxicity. Journal about the ways in which you need to let go emotionally.
(3) Sing. Your voice can be used for clearing, too! Also, ask yourself where in your life you have lost or are losing your voice and journal about how to get it back.
Frog can help you let go of things that no longer serve you, find your voice when you hesitate to express how you feel, clear your home or work space of negativity and help you get clearer about who you really are and what you are here to do.